Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Two Under!

Back to Graham Hurley!  Just finished reading my second book in his Farday/Winter series - the last one being "One Under".  In this case, it started with a man chained to a railway line in a tunnell and the going under the train!  Hence the title "one under" I resume.

This second book did not disappoint!  The chracter development of the main characters - and their relationship - continued - different men, different approaches, different drivers, different private lives (although both lost their wives at some point).  I also like that the cases (seems like there are 2 cases per book - or has been so far) - don't always get sewn up in the way you would expect.  The anti-climax effect - or rather the unexpected endings.  There are even some mild thought-provoking philosophsising amongst the musings of the characters.

So for sheer reading pleasure - I have downloaded the next in the series "The price of darkness".  I will advise what I think of this one - and will it lead me to download the next in the series!  Don't you just love it when you find a new author and can get a run of their books?!

No comments:

Post a Comment